Monday 30 April 2012

Kofi Chingri

No way that I can know if anyone was keeping a hawk's eye on me to see if I was actually posting two recipes a day to make up for the lost time in the Highlands. If you, who is reading this, were, I thank you. It is for you that I am doing my 3oth post in a 30-days month. While Feb was my best so far with 42 entries this leap year, March fell short by one post. In a 31-day month, I posted only 30, then consoled myself that the Feb performance should cover up for the one down! Our Food Stall started on Jan 26th this year. Ok, so on second thoughts, Jan was outstanding. 11 recipes in 6 days :) 
                                                                                                                                                                                                                    This is the closest one can come to Bliss @ work. No one to report to, nowhere to go, no designer brands to flaunt. Work at your own pace, cook what you decide to, be your own photographer & blog designer, be your own time-keeper & own taster. I feel like Mr. Wemmick of Great Expectations! The satisfaction of seeing your own work online & the satiety on your family's face as they relish your cooking, the going places & reliving the experience as iThink about my yatra, far surpasses the satisfaction that an annual appraisal can ever give. Having been that side too, I know!
                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Had I been working for the papers, would I still be so content with writing? With somebody breathing down my neck to submit three articles in one day? Or pulling me up for a deadline not met? On an assignment to an exotic locale, would I be there in body and spirit or only half-heartedly, my primary concern being to produce a readable article that the editor passed without many cuts? Being sent to a wine-tasting sojourn, would I relish the drink or think of adjectives to describe it because my boss was friends with the vineyard owner? Rhetorical questions that make me smile. So here I am, doing my own thing, patting my own back & basking in my own glory when Rukma asks me, 'Is this your blog?'
                                                                                                  Work like you don't need the money; Love like you've never been hurt & Dance like you do when nobody's watching has come alive for me. For close to five years, I had this at my workstation & nobody understood the 1st part of this philosophy. Most never will. Not until they stop and take a hard look at their life. Juggle their priorities if need be. Smile a little more, frown a little less. See the good in others & not make back-biting their favourite past-time. 
                                                                                                        For now, with a heartfelt Thank You to all who have appreciated my write-ups & relished my recipes, I offer you this delicious prawn preparation from my mother's kitchenKofi Chingri. Prawns n Cauli. My veg frenz, please enjoy the aloo capsicum that was posted earlier today. 
                                                                                                                                         Ingredients:
1. 250 gms deskinned prawns 
2. 6-8 cauliflower florets
3. 2-4 medium-sized boiled potatoes- halved 
4. 1 medium onion- grated
5. 1 medium tomato- grated
6. 1 tsp ginger paste
7. 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
8. 1/2 tsp garam masala
9. 1 tsp sugar
10. 1/4 tsp turmeric
11. 1 tsp ghee for flavour
12. Salt to taste
13. Refined oil to cook
                                                                                                                                          Method:
1. Shallow fry gobi & keep aside.
2. Allow cumin seeds to crackle in hot oil. Add the sugar & let caramelize.
3. Fry the onion & ginger paste & boiled potato.

                                                                                                                                          4. Add tomato puree & turmeric and fry till oil leaves pan.
5. Add the prawns, stir lightly & add salt & water, for gravy.
6. Allow gobi & prawn to cook in gravy for 5-7 minutes on medium heat.
7. When gravy thickens, add ghee & garam masala powder, let simmer for 2 mins & remove from flame.







Kofi Chingri tastes sumptuous both with rice & roti. Try it today!

And keep visiting your Food Stall, guys. You are the ones that make it tick!






No comments:

Post a Comment