Thursday 9 February 2012

It's Different

I misjudged the amount of rice & lentil the other evening. It was chilke wale masoor dal ki khichdi for dinner & I soaked more than what was required.


My brain cells do an overtime at times like these. I left the soaked rice & dal for a couple of days. And realized yesterday that the masoor had sprouted! No, I am not doing anything healthy with this, I sternly told myself!


The gobi leaves (from the Gobi Manchurian the day before) were tender & fresh. I had already chopped them for later use when I was using the cauliflower.




How about a jugalbandi
I thought :) 






So the dal chawal mix goes in the blender. 
Along with some ginger pieces. And then the
chopped gobi leaves. Threw in a green chilli for added zing ;)






 Added salt to the thick batter. 
 Put spoonfuls of the batter in the hot oil. 






Fried till golden brown.






And before a decent pic could be clicked, most of them disappeared from the plate!!!












If the family leaves it till then, serve it with a green chutney. Or ketchup. Or let them just have a field day :)









1 comment:

  1. kya...baat hai...in pressure, brain cells produces more creative tasty...tangy.. delicacy..yes! pakoras seems to be crispy..red wine hai kya?? London ki Sardi ;

    ReplyDelete